Sponsor your parents in 2019

The first step to sponsor your parents or grandparents is filling out the interest to sponsor form.

The interest to sponsor form will be available at noon EST on January 28, 2019.

We’ll accept form submissions on a first-in basis. As soon as we get enough submissions, the form will no longer be available.

How to fill out the form

  • You, the person who wants to sponsor, must fill out the form.

  • If you have your information ready, it should take you about 10 minutes.

  • We recommend you use a desktop computer.

  • If you make a mistake on your interest to sponsor form, don’t submit another form.

  • Find out how to correct a mistake or update your information.

  • Don’t submit the interest to sponsor form if you’re not eligible to become a sponsor.

  • If you’re invited to apply and we refuse your application because you’re not eligible, we won’t refund your application fees.

  • Don’t submit the interest to sponsor form more than once.

  • It won’t increase your chances of being invited to apply.

  • We remove duplicate entries.

The information you provide in this form must be the same as what you’ll put on your application, if you’re invited to submit a complete application.

Gather your information

Before the interest to sponsor form opens, gather the information you’ll need to provide. This includes making an electronic copy of your proof of status in Canada (new requirement for 2019).

You (the person who wants to sponsor their parents and grandparents), must provide this information on the interest to sponsor form:

  • your family name(s) (also known as last name, surname) and your given name(s) (also known as first name)

  • Make sure you write your name exactly as it is written on the proof of status in Canada document you’ll submit.

  • your date of birth

  • the country or territory where you were born

  • your primary residential address (where you live)

  • You must live in Canada to sponsor.

  • Make sure you fill out all the fields and provide your complete address.

  • You’ll have to provide your street number, street name, apartment or unit number (if applicable), P.O. Box (if applicable), your province or territory, and postal code.

  • For the street number and address, include the street type (street, boulevard, avenue, etc.). For example, follow this format: 123 John St. or 123 John Ave. or 123 John Pl.

  • your email address that you want us to use to communicate with you

  • the number of family members in your family unit

  • the total number of persons you want to sponsor, including their dependants (spouse, partner and children)

  • names of the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor

  • You won’t need to provide the names of their dependants.

  • date of birth of the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor

  • You won’t need to provide the dates of birth of their dependants.

  • your proof of status in Canada document number

  • Find out where to find that number.

  • Make sure you submit the number of the same document you’ll submit with your application. If the document number doesn’t match, we’ll return your application.

  • your electronic signature (you must type in your name

Prepare your proof of status in Canada document

With your interest to sponsor form, you’ll have to upload an electronic (digital) copy of a proof of your status in Canada.

We’ll accept expired documents. You don’t need to renew your document to complete the interest to sponsor form or to submit your sponsorship application.

Make sure you use the same status document with your interest to sponsor form submission as you’ll submit with your application, if you’re invited to apply.

Submit one of the following proof of status documents:

  • permanent resident card (both sides)

  • record of landing (IMM 1000) (only if you didn’t get a PR Card)

  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)

  • Canadian Citizenship Certificate or card (both sides)

  • Canadian birth certificate

  • If you were born in Quebec, we’ll only accept a birth certificate from the Directeur de l’État civil.

  • Canadian passport (pages showing passport number, date of issue and expiration, photo, name, surname, place and date of birth)

  • Secure certificate of Indian status​

SOURCE: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

Featured Posts
Posts Are Coming Soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square